Alec Baldwin returns to Twitter to talk politics after fatal shooting

Alec Baldwin has returned to Twitter to share his views on politics following the fatal shooting of his co-worker Halyna Hutchins last month.

Tuesday saw the 63-year-old actor post his first tweet unrelated to his accidental shooting of the 42-year-old cinematographer on the set of their movie, Rust, on October 21.

In the short message, the 30 Rock star shared his predictions about West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin’s political future.

‘Manchin will either primary Biden or switch parties and run as a Republican,’ he stated.

Some followers shared their thoughts about the actor’s decision to rejoin online conversation as one wrote: ‘As someone who respects & agrees with the voice you bring to public debate… Respectfully, this is no time to hear from your voice…. Yes, it is too soon.’

‘Kinda soon huh? Shouldn’t you be mourning?’, another commented.

One Twitter user added: ‘I thought you were staying away from Public Life for an Indefinite period???…………..’

The Boss Baby actor has been keeping a low profile since he discharged a gun on the Rust set last month, accidentally killing Hutchins and injuring director Joel Souza.

He later spoke out for the first time over the incident and shared his devastation, describing the mother-of-one as his ‘friend’.

Speaking to reporters last week, he said: ‘I’m not allowed to make any comments because it’s an ongoing investigation, I’ve been ordered by the sheriff’s department in Santa Fe, I can’t answer any questions about the investigation. 

‘It’s an active investigation in terms of a woman dying. She was my friend. She was my friend. The day I arrived to Santa Fe to start shooting I took her to dinner with Joel the director. 

‘We were a very, very well-oiled crew shooting a film together and then this horrible event happened.’

The Beetlejuice star was handed the prop gun by assistant director David Halls, who took the revolver from a tray set up by armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed.

It was said the gun was first taken out of a safe in a truck by prop master Sarah Zachry.

Santa Fe sheriff Adan Mendoza and Santa Fe district attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies shared a public update last week as Mendoza confirmed that the investigation is ongoing and charges may be filed at a later date, if probable cause is found.

Got a story?

If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.

Source: Read Full Article