AJ Pritchard’s girlfriend takes off bandages to share horrific face burns

Abbie Quinnen has revealed the horrific injuries she suffered after she was engulfed by flames while filming a social video.

The 23-year-old dancer was rushed to hospital back in January after the stunt, which saw her and boyfriend AJ Pritchard cut a bottle in half with a flaming rope, went wrong.

She has since said the bottle exploded and within seconds her face and hair were alight.

Abbie has bravely undergone three skin grafts as doctors desperately fight to treat infections and avoid as much scarring as possible for the beautiful blonde.

And she has now taken off her bandages and showed fans her progress.

The star has peeled off her dressings to show her bright red burns and her recovery progress a few months later.

Sadly she also suffered nasty injuries to her arm, chest and one side of her face, luckily missing her eyes and saving her sight.

Her chest and arm are also wrapped up in bandages as she recovers and heals.

  • AJ Pritchard says girlfriend Abbie will have permanent scars after fire horror

  • Abbie Quinnen's horrific injuries as she suffers burns after freak fireball accident

Abbie's wounds were so bad at first she was transferred to an intensive care unit at Ealing Hospital before later being treated at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital’s burns specialist.

On what happened and the pain she felt, Abbie told The Sun she thought she was "dying" when she was first on fire.

She told the publication: "My face was burning hot, it felt very painful. I was lucky it missed my eye.

"I had massive blisters filled with water on my chest, neck and face and they had to pop them and clean the areas…

Like what you see? Then fill your boots…

There's MUCH more where that came from! Want all the jaw-dropping stories from the world of showbiz and up to the minute news from TV and soaps?

Well, we've got you covered with our showbiz, TV and soaps newsletters – they'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.

We'll bring you the inside track from telly expert Ed Gleave and soap specialist Sasha Morris. Oh, and your daily fix of Piers, Katie Price, Demi Rose and all your other Daily Star favs.

You can sign up here – you won't regret it…

"My face swelled up. I couldn’t see out of my right eye."

She continued by saying she was thankful there were no mirrors in the bathrooms but she kept seeing glimpses of her face in her phone.

Abbie also lost much of her hair in the fire and so decided she didn't want to use skin from the back of her head and lose any more hair.

The dancer said: "I couldn’t cope with shaving my head and losing more hair, so we went for my rib cage."

  • AJ Pritchard

Source: Read Full Article