Jesy Nelson has squashed claims that her anticipated solo album is being scrapped.
The singer decided to embark on her own music career in 2020 when she decided to leave the pop group, Little Mix.
Since then, the 30-year-old has had a tough journey on her own route to stardom despite releasing her single "Boyz" in 2021.
Although there have been reports that record label bosses were unimpressed with her solo efforts, a spokesperson for Jesy has denied the rumours calling her solo album "captivating".
According to The Mirror, a source in Jesy's camp has teased fans by saying that her debut album is set for release soon.
They said: "In recent months, Jesy has been in the studio recording in Los Angeles developing her body of work with a whole series of tracks.
"And fans can rest assured they can expect to hear new music from Jesy very soon."
A source added: “The new music is captivating…it’s going to raise the bar, and some."
Last year, her first ever single as a solo artist "Boyz" caused controversy with many making accusations that the star was blackfishing in the music video.
Blackfishing is a form of cultural appropriation which occurs when someone who is white tries to emulate the appearance of someone who is black.
According to The Sun on Sunday, a music insider said that Jesy let the label hear early versions of the song she had come up with and they wanted her to "go back to the drawing board."
However, despite the controversy on her last single, things are progressing for the singer.
The source added: “Everyone is very excited by the new music. It’s going to be very special indeed.”
Last month, the 30-year-old teased fans about a new song she's been writing that's set to be a real tear-jerker.
Posting on her Instagram account, the star shared an image of herself in a recording studio.
She wrote: "You know it's a powerful song when it makes you like this. Got me in the feels."
For more of the latest showbiz news from Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here
Source: Read Full Article