Get a daily dose of showbiz gossip straight to your inbox with the Daily Star’s FREE newsletter
Katie Price has pleaded guilty to drink driving and driving while disqualified following a car crash near her home.
The 43-year-old also admitted driving without insurance when she appeared at Crawley Magistrates' Court this afternoon.
She was arrested after she crashed her BMW in the early hours of Tuesday morning.
Paramedics took Katie to hospital but it's not thought she was seriously injured.
After being confronted by police at the scene, Price was heard saying "I took drugs, I should not be driving, I admit it all", the court heard. A drugs wipe gave a positive reading for cocaine, prosecutor Debbie Jones told the court.
Defence solicitor Joe Harrington said the driving was a "one-off" incident.
He said Price had been at home and feeling lonely and decided to go to see a friend.
He asked magistrates to defer the sentencing for several weeks.
Following the crash a spokesman for Sussex Police told Daily Star: "Katie Price, 43, of Worthing Road, Horsham, was charged with using a motor vehicle on a public place without third party insurance and driving whilst disqualified."
On Tuesday, a police spokesman told Daily Star that Katie was "arrested on suspicion of driving while above the legal limit for alcohol and drugs and has been taken to hospital to be checked over."
Hours after her arrest, Katie's family took to Instagram seeking support from her followers while claiming that their worst thoughts had almost came true.
Her loved ones said: "As a family, we have for some time been concerned about Kate's wellbeing and overall mental health.
"Today our worst fears nearly came true.
"As a family, we have been and will continue to help Kate get the help she needs.
"We hope that she will realise that she cannot battle her issues alone."
They continued: "We would kindly ask that the media and wider public give Kate the time and space she needs to seek the necessary treatment so that she can hopefully return to the Kate we know and love as a mother, daughter and sister."
In the statement, Katie's family highlighted her life in the public domain, requesting for the mum-of-five to recover privately from what they deemed to be a "difficult period in her life".
Katie's family added: "We are concerned and worried about her deeply, we know she lives her life publicly and to many, she is fair game, but as a family, we hope she can find her path privately moving forward during this very difficult period in her life.
"We are not asking for sympathy – just that it is recognised that Kate is unwell.
"We take great comfort in reading the messages of support and love for Kate that we will pass on to her, in the hope that these positive messages will help spur her on."
The statement finished: "It takes great strength for one to acknowledge they need help, we hope the door is now open for Kate to learn to love herself and to be happy within. mental illness is not a personal failure.
"The Price Family xxx".
Daily Star has contacted Katie's spokesperson for comment.
For more of the latest showbiz news from Daily Star, make sure you sign up for one of our newsletters here.
- Katie Price
Source: Read Full Article