Christmas just came early for Mariah Carey.
Twenty-five years after the debut of her holiday staple All I Want for Christmas Is You, the song has finally claimed the No. 1 spot on the Billboard Hot 100 chart; it previously reached a peak position of No. 3 in 2018.
This latest No. 1 achievement is Carey’s 19th overall, giving her more No. 1 singles on the Hot 100 than any other solo artist (she trails The Beatles, who have 20).
Following Billboard’s announcement on Monday, the multi-award-winning superstar celebrated the news with her fans on social media.
“We did it,” she said excitedly on Twitter. For extra effect, she added the crying face, heart, lamb, Christmas tree, and her signature butterfly emojis.
The song was the biggest hit to come from her holiday album Merry Christmas, released on Oct. 28, 1994. In celebration of its 25-year anniversary, Carey dropped a Deluxe Anniversary edition last month.
- Mariah Carey brings holiday spirit to unsuspecting New Yorkers during Billy on the Street appearance
- Mariah Carey is one step closer to getting her 19th No. 1 for Christmas
- Celebrate the 25th anniversary of Mariah Carey’s ‘All I Want for Christmas Is You’ with this festive Funko Pop figurine
- All Mariah Carey wants for Christmas is to tour, announces limited dates and album re-release
- I hate Christmas songs — but I love ‘All I Want for Christmas Is You’
Source: Read Full Article