Oti Mabuse hints she may return to Strictly amid new show’s low ratings

Oti Mabuse has hinted she may return to Strictly Come Dancing one day in the future.

The former pro dancer on the BBC hit series made her exit just over two months ago, but said in an interview: “Strictly has been everything to me and has given me this amazing platform that I have.

"No, I’m not done. It still has a place in my heart.”

Oti left Strictly to begin a new venture – hosting brand new ITV dating show, Romeo & Duet.

The musical dating show sees a single person looking for love try to serenade a potential suitor from a balcony.

The identities of each person is hidden and attraction is based on the sound of the singer's voice.

If the hidden lover likes what they hear, they can reveal themselves.

However ratings for the show were at 1.6 million on Saturday evening (April 30), while Strictly would pull in around 11 million viewers.

It has led fans to believe that Oti may be regretting her decision to leave.

One tweet said: “Oti gave up Strictly for this Blind Date singing c**p?”

For more of the latest showbiz and TV news from the Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.

Another user added: “Tolerated about 10 minutes of #RomeoAndDuet last week. Has Oti actually left #Strictly for this sort of s**t.”

A third person wrote: “I had high hopes for this because I love Oti, but she really should’ve said no to this show.”

A Strictly source said: “Oti Mabuse is a Strictly legend. The door will always remain open for her in the future — she will always be welcome in some way or form.”

Oti admitted that Romeo & Duet “isn’t for everyone” but would “find its way” and despite criticism, is doing well with its target 16 to 34 age group.

Source: Read Full Article