Peter Andre slammed by fans for signing up to ‘outdated’ Miss World 2021

Peter Andre told his fans that the famous Miss World contest would be postponed this year due to Covid-19 – but the response wasn't what the star expected.

As he made the announcement on Instagram, he was immediately inundated with backlash from his followers for his involvement in the entire show.

Peter shared the news on Thursday as he wrote on his Instagram: "Covid outbreak happened very quickly meaning lots of the contestants have tested positive overnight. Seeing how hard everyone has worked leading to this finale, I feel terrible for the contestants and crew.

"I hope those who have tested positive will be ok.

"But also, I hope they and the rest of the finalists can rest in knowing that all their hard work won't be for nothing. We will resume in 90 days or less back here in Puerto Rico. Be safe everyone."

He then told his wife Emily that he will see her in a few hours and to expect him home imminently, but while some viewers were telling him they were sorry to see the show had to be cancelled, others were thankful.

His followers immediately began to share their thoughts on the show as one person wrote: "I just can't believe this still exists."

Another wrote: "So outdated and shame on anyone that is involved in any way."

A third said: "Sorry Peter but I can't believe this is still even a thing in this day and age."

The show was cancelled due to multiple coronavirus outbreaks despite safety measures put in place.

The team at Miss World have confirmed that immediate quarantine will take place for contestants and staff and once they have been cleared by health officials and advisers, they will return home.

Earlier this month, Peter spoke to OK! magazine to explain how different the show is now compared to previous years.

He said: "Certain categories have been scrapped and the focus has become much more about the achievements and philanthropic efforts of the contestants."

Peter told the publication he was "honoured" to be a part of it once more after hosting in 2019.

Miss World last took place in 2019 after it was cancelled due to Covid-19, though Peter has said the intention is for the show to be back on the road in three months.

For more of the latest showbiz news from Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.

Source: Read Full Article