Piers Morgan has landed a “big global project” and would not go back to Good Morning Britain even if ITV bosses came begging.
The gobby presenter, 56, claimed he had got a major new employer to take his free speech message across the world.
He insisted an earlier tweet, asking, “Do I get my job back?” was posted “to prove a point”, adding: “I wouldn’t go back, not without a public apology and I’m not going to get one.”
The motormouth crowed: “I’ve got much bigger things coming up. The future is exciting. The next project is global, it’s big.
“I can’t say what but people are going to hear about it within the next few weeks.”
It comes after Piers, pictured with ITV’s managing director of media and entertainment Kevin Lygo at the Test match between England and India at the Oval on Friday, was cleared by Ofcom over his on-air criticism of a publicity-shy couple, who made bombshell accusations about the royal family to a global TV audience.
The watchdog got more than 57,000 complaints but ruled Piers was “entitled to say he disbelieved” their claims of racism.
Despite GMB ratings plummeting since Piers infamously stormed off set in March, ITV insiders said there were “no current plans” to bring him back.
Almost 860,000 were tuning in at the time but just 558,000 last month, according to data supplied by Overnights.tv, with fans missing Piers’ fiery love-hate relationship with co-host Susanna Reid.
She described the Ofcom ruling as “awkward”, telling viewers this week: “On the one hand I’ve got my friend Piers Morgan, on the other hand I’ve got my bosses, ITV.”
Piers’ wife, journalist Celia Walden – on the programme to plug her new book – said her hubby had “some irons in the fire”.
She added: “I don’t think he’ll be kicking around the house for much longer.”
It follows comments from Piers in which he claimed to have received “lots of offers” in the wake of being cleared by Ofcom.
Source: Read Full Article