Sugababes’ return at Glastonbury sees fans turned away as tent becomes packed

Get the latest festival news sent to your inbox with Worthy Welly

The original Sugababes line-up have proven they're more popular than ever after a jaw-dropping performance at Glastonbury which led security to intervene.

Mutya Buena, Siobhan Donaghy and Keisha Buchanan recently returned to the stage on June 24, several years after winning back the ownership of the band's name after multiple lineup changes.

Having announced their upcoming tour and the re-release of their debut single Flatline, the group were booked to appear on The Avalon Stage at Glastonbury.

READ MORE: Fans baffled as original Sugababes confirm reunion tour

But, bosses appear to have misread how popular the trio were, with fans being turned away from the tent during their first performance as the original lineup at the world-famous festival.

Following their triumphant set, fans flocked to Twitter to share their thoughts on the packed audience.

One said: "The gag of Glastonbury is the Sugababes set being so incredibly busy they had to close it off and put announcements up over the site saying DO NOT COME IT'S TOO BUSY."

"Never thought I'd say the original Sugababes were one of the best Glastonbury acts I have ever seen! The whole Avalon stage area had to be shut off because of the crowds," said another.

Before a third commented: "Sugababes attracting a crowd so large at Glastonbury that access to the area they were performing in had to be closed off?"

"Glasto's biggest mistake was thinking more people would want to see Billie Eilish over the @Sugababes," typed a fourth.

Speaking about their performance, Keisha told the crowd: "We were so nervous to come out here today, and I don't know why because you're not scary.

"I know it's been crazy being out of lockdown and all of that, and I guess I say that to say that, in life, there's ups and downs but there's one thing for sure, it's just a season.

For more of the latest showbiz news from Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.

"Whether it's [laughs], it's gonna come either way and you’ll always have to push through."

She went on to add: "We've got justice for Flatline, it's finally up [on Spotify] and we're going to be touring in October to November."

Previously addressing their reunion and legal battle over their name, Keisha told This Morning's Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby: "We were fighting for the name and legally we wanted it back.

"It was really important for us because we came up with it when we were kids, but we stuck together and it's who we are really and we're just glad that we've got it back and that's why everything we do now means so much more."

READ NEXT:

  • Paul McCartney delights fans with surprise Dave Grohl collab at Glastonbury
  • Olivia Rodrigo and Lily Allen yell 'F**k You' at US court during Glastonbury performance
  • Glastonbury festival-goers forced to wee in paper clips to avoid 'dirty toilets'
  • Princess Beatrice red-faced as royal's card declined three times at Glastonbury
  • Glastonbury Festival

Source: Read Full Article