I’M A Celeb’s Simon Gregson was nabbed smuggling contraband back into camp after Storm Arwen — a pot of Vaseline and three stock cubes.
Four other stars were also caught red-handed when frisked while returning from four days quarantine in temporary accommodation.
A total of 33 items were confiscated.
A source said: “Producers knew the celebs would try to be a bit tricky.”
Kadeena Cox, 30, was the worst culprit and was found with 25 items stuffed into her socks, coat, pockets and rucksack.
They included 11 Werther’s Originals sweets, 11 Fruit-tellas and an Oxo cube.
Corrie actor Simon Gregson, 47, was found with a pot of Vaseline and three beef-flavoured stock cubes. Radio 1Xtra presenter Snoochie Shy, 29, tried to smuggle in a pack of Belvita biscuits and Emmerdale’s Danny Miller, 30, had some vanilla-flavoured Nescafe coffee sachets.
Musician Naughty Boy, 40, didn’t try to bring in any food — instead trying to sneak in a nail file.
All 11 remaining campmates had spent four days quarantining in temporary accommodation following their evacuation from Storm Arwen — and show producers reckoned some would try to bring items back in with them.
🔵 Read our I'm A Celeb 2021 live blog for the latest updates
A source said: “Producers knew that the celebs would try and be a bit tricky on their way in so were well prepared for it. They checked everyone’s belongings, coats, pockets — even their socks.
“It was comical how much they found. Everything got confiscated and each of them was given a slap on the wrist and sent on their way.
“Kadeena might look like butter wouldn’t melt, but she was by far the worst offender, packing her stuff with sweets, and other stuff.
“Bosses saw the funny side of it and you can’t blame the celebs given they’ve got at least another week in grim conditions to get through.
“Although it does beg the question how they thought they would get away with it, what with hundreds of cameras all around them watching their every move.”
The other six celebrities — Louise Minchin, Frankie Bridge, David Ginola, Matty Lee, Arlene Phillips and Adam Woodyatt — were also searched but nothing was found.
The celebrities were forced back into individual quarantines on Saturday after the castle site in North Wales was deemed unsafe with the production office nearly destroyed.
They returned to camp yesterday and the programme returned to air after four consecutive nights without a live show.
The damage from high winds and falling debris cost ITV nearly £1million in repairs, staffing costs and lost commercial revenue.
Before the show kicked off, the 11 stars — plus Richard Madeley who had to leave after a hospital dash — had spent two weeks dotted around the region to ensure the show’s Covid bubble remained intact. But it was almost breached by an intruder who dodged security to nearly reach the castle walls last week.
Yesterday Danny revealed that during the latest quarantine, he kept to the same strict rules he faced in camp — and refused to even sleep in a proper bed.
He said: “I stuck to it (castle life). I didn’t even sleep in the bed.
“I only ate rice and beans whilst away from the castle.”
But former BBC Breakfast host Louise, 53, and 32-year-old Saturdays singer Frankie Bridge both admitted struggling to stay strong.
Louise told Frankie and Danny of the effect of giving into the temptations of eating a chocolate bar.
She said: “I literally tried not to inhale it. It went straight through me — ill.”
Frankie added: “I ate a whole Fruit & Nut and a whole bag of Squashies. It feels so amazing to be back, which are words that I never thought would come out of my mouth.
“I never thought I’d want to see a castle ever again.”
The sentiment was echoed by 78-year-old Arlene.
She said in the Telegraph: “It was strange coming into camp.
“Weirdly it just really felt like no big deal.
“I’m just coming home to finish off something I’ve started.”
Source: Read Full Article