Piers Morgan’s cheeky quip as ITV bosses fear former GMB star is ‘irreplaceable’

Piers Morgan appears to very much enjoy the claims that he is "irreplaceable" following his famous exit from Good Morning Britain last year.

The controversial TV star commanded quite the following from his time on the ITV show and tends to keep fans divided with his views and no-holds-barred comments.

Piers' exit from the show followed his controversial comments regarding Meghan Markle after her interview with Oprah last year, and since his exit, a permanent replacement is yet to be named.

Daily Mail has reported that ITV chiefs are "in despair" after failing to find a male star to fill Piers' spot – and Piers seems to be loving it.

Taking to Twitter to share the article, Piers posted a screen grab and wrote: "Oops…", with a laughing emoji attached.

Fans responded in complete agreement, with one user writing: "Yep I miss waking up to both Piers and Susanna Reid duo. Defo not the same. Susanna still holding it down! Like peanut butter and marmite. Great individually, even better together."

Another said: "I don't watch it without Piers, I didn't always agree with him but he sure was good TV."

A third said: "As if we didn't know! I literally stopped watching after Piers left."

Since Piers' exit, a variety of male co-hosts have appeared alongside Susanna Reid, including Richard Madeley, Martin Lewis, Adil Ray and Ben Shepherd.

The Mail on Sunday reported that none of the male stars were deemed a suitable permanent replacement, with claims that bosses have now given up their search and will continue to rotate the hosts.

A source told the publication: "Replacing Piers was always going to be tough, but no one thought that almost a year on they still wouldn't have found anyone."

They also claimed that many big presenters immediately ruled themselves out due to their friendship with Piers.

The source added: "He is a very loyal man and that loyalty is reciprocated."

Piers' exit caused quite the controversy when he stormed off set following a disagreement about the Duchess of Sussex, with the star later confirming his departure after he refused to apologise for comments he made about her mental health.

His fury resulted in 58,000 complaints to Ofcom and a lengthy investigation which ultimately claimed that Piers, and GMB, were not in breach of the TV regulations.

For more of the latest showbiz news from Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.

Source: Read Full Article