SKY has "halted all work" with Bulletproof star Noel Clarke since sexual misconduct allegations against him have come to light.
The Viewpoint and Kidulthood actor was stripped of his Bafta last night after it was alleged he sexually harassed, groped and bullied women.
Now the channel behind hit series Bulletproof has distanced itself from the 45-year-old while investigations take place. Mr Clarke – who created the hit series – fiercely denies the claims.
A Sky spokesman said: “Sky stands against all forms of sexual harassment and bullying and takes any allegations of this nature extremely seriously.
"Effective immediately, we have halted Noel Clarke’s involvement in any future Sky productions.”
An investigation about Mr Clarke's conduct on Bulletproof has also been launched by the series UK producer Vertigo Films.
A Vertigo spokesman said: “We are devastated to hear about these allegations and have launched an urgent investigation to find out if any apply to any Vertigo Films productions. Our immediate concern is for any cast or crew who may have had a negative experience on set.
“We have robust procedures in place for reporting incidents, including the ability to raise issues anonymously.
"And while no issues have been flagged to us, we stand ready to support anyone who has had a negative experience on the show and encourage you to come forward with confidence. Effective immediately, Noel Clarke is removed from any Vertigo Films production.”
Mr Clarke joined cop drama Bulletproof on Sky One in May 2018 alongside Ashley Walters.
Filming on a fourth series was set to start later this year.
The Guardian reports the allegations against the married actor relate to a period between 2004 and 2019.
He's been accused of a range of acts, including sharing sexually explicit pictures and videos without consent.
The actor is currently appearing in ITV’s new drama series Viewpoint.
It was revealed he liked a tweet about "learning from your mistakes" – days before the accusations were exposed.
Mr Clarke liked the tweet posted on April 1, which said: "Learn from your mistakes. That's what they're there for."
Mr Clarke had been made aware of the allegations before he appeared onstage at the Royal Albert Hall to collect his Bafta for Outstanding British Contribution to Cinema on April 10.
The awards committee had also been alerted 13 days before the ceremony – but said it was provided with "no evidence" that would allow it to investigate.
Numerous women are reported to have broken their silence after the ceremony. They allege Mr Clarke is a serial abuser and uses his power to prey on and harass female colleagues.
Last night the awards committee suspended Mr Clarke's Bafta.
Mr Clarke said in a statement to the Guardian: “In a 20-year career, I have put inclusivity and diversity at the forefront of my work and never had a complaint made against me.
"If anyone who has worked with me has ever felt uncomfortable or disrespected, I sincerely apologise.
"I vehemently deny any sexual misconduct or wrongdoing and intend to defend myself against these false allegations.”
What films and TV series has Noel Clarke been in?
Noel Clarke is one of the UK’s best-known actors, although he’s also a screenwriter, director and comic book writer
He first rose to fame playing Mickey Smith in Dr Who between 2005 and 2010.
In 2006, he took on his break-out film role as Sam in Kidulthood. The movie was followed by 2008's Adulthood and 2016's Brotherhood, which he also wrote and directed.
He's well-known for playing Aaron Bishop in Bulletproof, which he also writes and produces, and is currently starring in ITV drams Viewpoint.
Mr Clarke has starred in several films, including Centurion, Fast Girls, Star Trek: Into Darkness and SAS: Red Notice.
He's the founder of Unstoppable Film and Television with friend and fellow actor Jason Maza.
He also holds a slew of awards for his performances, including the 2003 Laurence Olivier Award for Most Promising Performer and the 2009 Bafta Orange Rising Star award.
Through his lawyers, Clarke categorically denied every allegation that the publication put to him.
He allegedly accepts he once made inappropriate comments about one woman, for which he later apologised.
In a 29-page letter, his lawyers said he denies all of the other allegations.
Source: Read Full Article