RECKON yourself top of the pops? Now you can prove your charts knowledge in a PopMaster quiz.
DJ Ken Bruce’s Radio 2 music quiz has run for two decades, and a new board game has teasers from the 1950s to the present day.
Here Ken and his team give you a spot of practice. Answers below.
1) Which group reached No1 in 1995 with the song Cotton Eye Joe?
A) White Stripes
B) Blue Nile
2) Lady Gaga sang Always Remember Us This Way on the soundtrack of which 2018 hit movie?
A) Wild Rose
B) A Star Is Born
C) The Grinch
3) Name the Canadian group that had hits in the Noughties with the songs How You Remind Me and Rockstar.
A) Blue Rodeo
C) April Wine
4) Rise was the title of a 1999 No1 album and a 2000 No1 single by which British female artist?
A) Lisa Stansfield
5) What was the title of Holly Valance’s 2002 chart debut and only No1 hit?
A) Kiss Kiss
B) Down Boy
C) State Of Mind
6) Which Andrew Lloyd Webber musical featured Barbra Streisland hit As if We Never Said Goodbye?
A) Sunset Boulevard
B) Aspects Of Love
C) Love Never Dies
7) Fade To Grey was the title of a 1980 Top 10 single by which New Romantic act?
A) Duran Duran
C) Soft Cell
8) Which group reached the top of the singles chart in the early 1980s with Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic?
A) The Police
B) Level 42
C) Heaven 17
9) Name the girl group that topped the charts in 2021 with Sweet Melody.
A) Little Mix
C) Pussycat Dolls
10) Which rapper collaborated with Jennifer Lopez on the 2005 Top 10 hit Hold You Down?
A) Fat Joe
B) Busta Rhymes
C) 50 Cent
11) Who duetted with Kylie Minogue on the 1991 Top 5 hit If You Were With Me Now?
A) Jason Donovan
B) Nick Cave
C) Keith Washington
12) In which year did Mariah Carey’s hit All I Want For Christmas Is You first make the Top 10?
13) Girl group Destiny’s Child achieved two No1s. The first of these was Independent Women Part 1 but what was the second?
A) Say My Name
B) Bills, Bills, Bills
14) Which Bob Marley song became a Top 10 hit cover version song for Eric Clapton in 1974?
A) No Woman No Cry
B) I Shot The Sheriff
C) Buffalo Soldier
15) In 1979, Abba made the singles chart’s Top 3 with their double A-sided hit Angeleyes – and which other song?
A) Dancing Queen
B) Mamma Mia
16) What was the title of the song by Jack White and Alicia Keys from the 2008 James Bond movie Quantum Of Solace?
A) Another Way to Die
B) Writing’s on the Wall
C) You Know my Name
BONUS ROUND: Name The Year
17) The song Rude Boy comes from Rihanna’s fourth album, entitled Rated R, but in what year was the single in the charts?
18) In which year during the 1980s did The Lady In Red by Chris De Burgh top the singles charts for three weeks on the bounce?
1) C, 2) B, 3) B, 4) B, 5) A, 6) A, 7) B, 8) A, 9) A, 10) A, 11) C, 12) B, 13) C. 14), B, 15) C, 16) A, 17) 2010, 18) 1986
- The Ginger Fox PopMaster Quiz Game, £6 from John Lewis
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The Sun news desk?
Email us at [email protected] or call 0207 782 4104. You can WhatsApp us on 07423 720 250. We pay for videos too.
Click here to upload yours.
Click here to get The Sun newspaper delivered for FREE for the next six weeks.
Source: Read Full Article