LOVE Island's Michael Griffiths and Amber Gill are going from strength to strength as they cement their status as the nation's favourite couple.
The firefighter has been quite taken by the beauty technician and it's safe to say they are one of the most stable couples in the villa. Here's the lowdown on his life outside the show.
Who is Love Islander Michael Griffiths?
Michael is a 27-year-old single male from Liverpool with a job that involves him saving lives.
Opening up about his career, he said: "I’m a hero! I’m a firefighter, who doesn’t want their own firefighter? Their own local hero."
Describing what he's like as a person, the real-life hero added: "I’m open and energetic, so I’m easy to get along with.
"The three worst things about me? Again, I’m a straight-talking guy and people don’t always like the truth.
"Even though it’s one of the best things about me, it’s also one of the worst. I’ll just say it how it is.
"I eat a lot, little and often, people might find that quite annoying. I’m always late!"
On a brighter note, Michael doesn't suffer with low confidence, proudly rating himself ten out of ten in the looks department: "I would have said nine but I’m a hero so it bumps it up."
What has happened to Michael Griffiths so far on Love Island?
- Michael was the third boy to go into the villa and coupled up with Lucie. Unfortunately, after Joe walked in, Lucie ditched him for Joe. By default, he was coupled up with Yewande.
- Despite being coupled up with Yewande, Michael set his sights on Amber before having a chat with her about exploring whether they could work as a couple.
- Although Amber is partner with Anton, she showed an interest in the dishy fireman, however, she never expressed her feelings to him.
- Michael was somewhat gutted when Amber was picked to go on a date with new boy Danny Williams moments after he took his current partner Yewande out.
- On episode eight, Michael finally made his move on Amber and the pair had their first kiss. Is romance finally on the cards for these two?
- In episode nine, new girls Maura and Elma chose to enjoy dates with Michael and Amber gets jealous.
- Michael was angered by the fact that Amber would heckle his date with Maura Higgins, branding the beauty therapist "childish".
- Maura seductively fed Michael some of her dessert which prompted an infuriated Amber to walk past him and Maura to greet Elma instead when it was time for the Islanders' to meet the new girls.
- Maura complained about Michael ignoring her after she got a frosty reception from Amber. The islander was later treated to a spa day with his fellow male cast members.
- Michael picked Amber to couple up with during episode 12's recoupling.
- The couple were completely safe from elimination in episode 14.
- Michael enjoyed his first date with Amber and the couple talked about their future.
- Michael proved he is a great friend by calling out Danny for his treatment of Yewande.
Michael impressed the girls with his tattoos
What is Michael Griffiths' type on paper?
Michael admitted his celebrity crush is up and coming US singer Dani-Leigh.
Unfortunately for him, she won't be in the villa — however, he is open to dating women who aren't Dani-Leigh.
Explaining what he looks for in a girl, he said: "Somebody I can get along with on an intellectual level and have a conversation with and not be lost in translation.
"But also have a bit about them, not take themselves too seriously and have a bit of banter. And she’s got to have a nice bum."
One thing Michael finds seriously unattractive is "somebody that smells".
Here's hoping the Love Island ladies have stocked up on deodorant, soap and perfume.
Who is Michael Griffiths' ex-girlfriend?
While Michael hasn't mentioned his ex by name, he did reveal how they broke up — and it sounds pretty traumatic.
Although he is a loyal boyfriend, he made an exception for this particular ex.
"I think I’ve cheated once but it was more of a revenge cheat," he explained. "I’ve had long-term relationships but I think I’ve had about four or five girlfriends. I’ve been loyal to all of them apart from one."
When can I watch Love Island on ITV2?
Series five kicked off on Monday, June 3, 2019 at 9pm.
You can catch the action daily on ITV2 where the main show will give us the lowdown on all the goings-on in the villa – from couples cracking on to singletons getting mugged off.
Saturday night's show differs from the rest of the week, as it is a round-up of all the best bits from the villa that week – and maybe some unseen footage!
If that’s not enough, you can also watch Caroline Flack's spin off show Aftersun on Sunday nights at 10pm after the main show has aired where she discusses the latest action with celebrity guest as well as those eliminated from the villa.
Similar to last year's run, the show is likely to last eight weeks meaning the grand final could be around July 29, 2019.
Source: Read Full Article